Events listed in this calendar are those of the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit, Essex NP led Clinic, Windsor Family Health Team, Harrow Family Health Team, VON NP led Clinic in Belle River, Windsor-Essex Community Health Centre, and City Centre Health Care – CMHA.
A safer space for everyone
Monday 4-530pm @ weCHC – Teen (1361 Ouellette Ave., Windsor)
Wednesday 4-530pm @ weCHC – Leamington (33 Princess St. Suite 401, Leamington)
Diabetes Self-Management Classes ‘Meals, Meds & Monitoring’
Free classes for Type 2 Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
Diabetes Wellness Classes facilitated by WECHC Registered Dietitian or a Registered Nurse
Dates: Monday September 9, 16, 23 2019
Time: 5:30pm – 7:30 pm
Location: Harrow Health Centre Inc.: A Family Health Team in the Community Room
Pre-Registration Required: call 519-738-2000 ext 201 to register
The following topics are covered over the 3 week classes:
· What is Diabetes – a bit about the physiology and what is happening in the body
· Self Blood Glucose Monitoring – getting a glucometer, how to use a glucometer, when to check your blood sugars, target blood sugar to maintain good health
· A1C blood test
· Healthy Eating – Diabetes Food Guide, portion and meal distribution, label reading, fibre, salt (DASH diet), healthy weights, alcohol
· Medications – a bit about the different classes of medications and how they help with blood sugars
· Physical Activity and goal setting
· Foot Care
· Managing Diabetes on Sick Days
Eat4Life is a unique, research-based healthy lifestyle program. The goal of Eat4Life is to build a foundation of healthy habits that will help you make healthy choices for life.
Join a Registered Dietitian and learn how to change old habits, nourish your body and mind, choose foods and plan menus, and get active in this five week program.
Eat4Life is brought to you by the Community Primary Care and Public Health partnership of Windsor and Essex County.
FREE program offered by weCHC at our Sandwich location (3325 College Ave.)
Participants will be guided through a 60 minute Strecth-out-Stress session focussing on flexibility, breathing, mindfulness, and relaxation.
Registration is required. Please call 519-258-6002 x 501 for more information.
Overcoming Anxiety Group
- What is anxiety?
- How anxiety manifests itself in your life
- The thought, mood, behaviour connection
- Letting go of negative thoughts
- Develop relaxation, visualization & mindfulness skills
Starting Tuesday August 6, 2019
Weekly for 8 weeks
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
For a screening appointment, contact:
Wendy at 519-255-9940 ext 135
Concurrent Disorders Family Education & Support Group Free and open to the public Starting Tuesday September 24, 2019 Weekly for 6 weeks 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm Register by calling: 519-255-9940 ext. 232